Recently, like most people, I’ve been on a Spring Cleaning adventure. I’ve been cleaning and organizing just about everything, from the files on my computer, to pictures on my phone to of course make sure the house is neat and tidy. I finally took sometime to clean out my makeup box after a random rash breakout. When I say it was time to clean out that makeup box! It. was. time. to clean that. makeup. box!! But what was interesting was that as I cleaned and trashed my old makeup staples, I began to see myself in each tube of lipgloss, each container of blush, and definitely in my foundation. Check out what I learned below!
10 Things I Learned From My Makeup Box
1. I have a love affair with lip gloss. Remember when you were a little girl how you constantly begged your mother to buy you those LipSmackers lip glosses that tasted like candy? Well, I kind of brought that into my adulthood, but instead of candy flavored lip gloss…it was candy colored *cringes*.
2. I like color even though I don’t wear it. I have a Sephora eye shadow palette as well as an ELF eye shadow palette…my go to eyeshadow colors are gold, brownish gold, charcoal, and goldish pink…I should really explore the other 99 colors in those palettes.
3. Too many samples, not enough staples. “Hey! You want this free sample?” But when it runs out it’s like “Hey! You want th….oh :(”
4. You can never have too much black eyeliner. *in Bubba Gump voice* Milani Easyliner in black, Ulta Gel liner in blackout, Maybelline liquid eyeliner, Rimmel liquid eyeliner
5. My brows have evolved. No more Chola brows for me. I discovered Milani’s Browfix Browkit. My brows is a grown wohmahn…but they will NOT do whatever they want.
6. Brush it! Brush it real good! When I started adding better and better brushes to my kit….Whew! My face became a work of art!
7. I transitioned from little girl to lady in a tube of lipstick. I feel like I became a woman when I learned how to properly apply red lipstick.
8. Rogue rouge. I don’t know what it is, but the right tint of blush will make your face go from eh? to Hey!
9. I love my golden brown skin. I would prefer to not have to wear foundation, but I love that my bareMinerals is the perfect shade for my skin and it is so light, I forget I wear it. It really highlights the golden tones in my skin…funny when you like something you really do become a walking advertisement. Ha!
10. Makeup really is fun. No seriously. It is. Many of my friends have asked how I learned how to put on my makeup and I simply tell them, I just practice and have fun..it also helps to consult with a makeup artist you trust to teach you some industry tricks…Pinterest also helps too!
Have you started your beauty spring cleaning regime? What have you learned about yourself while doing it?